Nail polish strips are becoming more and more popular among nail art enthusiasts these days. So even if you don’t have an ounce of artistic ability or don’t want to spend time learning the art of nail art, then nail polish strips will be a good choice for you.
Many people who have used nail polish strips have encountered questions as to why nail polish strips warp? Why do nail polish strips fall off easily? How to extend the service life of nail polish strips? The main reason for the nail stickers is not to do an excellent job of cleaning and waterproofing.
So today, Niko will teach you 9 simple ways to extend the life of your nail polish strips, which can make your nail polish strips last longer than 14 days.
1. Clean your hands.
In our daily life, our hands are exposed to many tasks, such as cleaning the house, cooking food, organizing the garden, and other things, so our fingers will come with a lot of dust, oil, and dirt. Many people do not clean the nail surface properly before using nail polish strips. Using nail stickers directly will cause the nail stickers and the nail surface to not stick sufficiently, resulting in easy fall off.
Therefore, to prolong the life of nail polish strips is to clean your hands and nails well, make sure the nail surface is free of dust and oil, and improve the adhesion of nail polish strips and pins.
2. Push back the excess cuticle around the nail
For the nail polish strips to adhere entirely to the nail, you can push back the excess cuticle around the nail to ensure that the nail polish strips do not adhere to the cuticle, making it unattractive and not waterproof.
3. Choose the right size nail sticker for your nails.
Choose the right size nail polish strip, not too big, to ensure that the nail sticker does not exceed the size of the nail, to prevent the sticker on the cuticle around the nail, resulting in a relatively large gap around the nail sticker. Generally, nail polish strips are slightly smaller than the area of the nail, a distance of 1 mm from the cuticle, so that when you apply the sealing layer of nail polish later, you can completely seal the gap around the nail polish strips, which is also an important skill to extend the service life.
4. Press the nail sticker evenly
Press the nail sticker properly to expel excess air and check the entire sticker to ensure no bumps, creases, or warped corners.
5. Use a nail file correctly
Many people use a nail file at a vertical 90-degree angle to remove excess polish strips, which can lead to irregular nail edges. Therefore, the proper way to use a nail file is to tilt it down at a 45-degree angle, smoothing the ends of the nails from top to bottom and removing any remaining strips.
6. Use a hairdryer
In winter, the nail sticker will not be enough to stick, so you can use the hot air of the hair dryer to heat it properly and improve the stickiness of the nail sticker. If the weather is hot, then this link can be skipped.
7. Applying topcoat
Applying a sealer nail polish will provide a waterproof seal with the following advantages.
- Protect the pattern of nail polish strips from being damaged
- Effectively play a waterproof role. (Make sure to apply top coat all around the nail to play a waterproof role)
- Improve the glossiness and beauty of the nail polish strips
8. Clean and wash dishes with gloves as much as possible
Avoid contact with water as much as possible to improve the life of your nail polish.
9. Choose the right brand
- The nail polish strips of premium brands are made of high-quality materials that improve the strength of the nail polish strips and ensure that they are harmless to humans.
- SHTOLIDA nail polish strips are made of high quality materials and designed by professional designer Niko, with vintage elegance, modern fashion and bohemian style, which can better show women’s charm and confidence. Click here to learn more!